Skip to main content
Analyzing Big Data with a spreadsheet UI
About This Course
Learn about the capabilities of BigSheets, a component of IBM BigInsights that provides the ability to be able to visualize and analyze data stored HDFS using a spreadsheet type interface without any programming.
- Module 1 - Introduction to BigSheets
- Identify business and technical challenges in dealing with big data
- Describe how BigSheets can help with the business and technical challenges of big data
- Access BigSheets from the BigInsights Console
- Define the term workbook when used in conjunction with BigSheets
- Module 2 - Discovering Data with BigSheets
- List the readers supplied with BigSheets
- Describe the different ways to get data into a master workbook
- Explain the concept of running a workbook
- Module 3 - Working with BigSheets
- Create a workbook from a master workbook
- List the different types of sheets that can be added to a workbook
- Add a sheet to a workbook
- Describe the visualization techniques supported by BigSheets
Recommended skills prior to taking this course
- Basic understanding of Apache Hadoop and Big Data.
- Basic Linux Operating System knowledge.
Henry L. Quach
Henry L. Quach is the Technical Curriculum Developer Lead for Big Data. He has been with IBM for 9 years focusing on education development. Henry likes to dabble in a number of things including being part of the original team that developed and designed the concept for the IBM Open Badges program. He has a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and a Master of Science in Software Engineering from San Jose State University.