About This Course
Learn about the two major components of Apache Pig: the first is the language itself, which is called PigLatin, and the second is the runtime environment where PigLatin programs are executed.
Apache Pig was initially developed at Yahoo! to allow people using Hadoop® to focus more on analyzing large data sets and spend less time having to write mapper and reducer programs. Like actual pigs, who eat almost anything, the Pig programming language is designed to handle any kind of data—hence the name!
- Get an overview of Pig's data structures supported and how to access data using the LOAD operator.
- Learn Pig's relational operators.
- Learn Pig's evaluation functions, as well as math and string functions.
- Module 1 - Pig data types
- Module 2 - Built-in functions used with the LOAD and STORE operators
- Module 3 - The difference between storing and dumping a relation
- Module 4 - The Pig operators
- Module 5 - Pig evaluation functions
RECOMMENDED SKILLS PRIOR TO TAKING THIS COURSE
- Basic understanding of Apache Hadoop and Big Data.
- Basic Linux Operating System knowledge.
- Basic programming skills.